Training people to manage emergencies
‘Solution providers’ training your people to take charge Sharyn Devereux-Blum and Paul Blum welcome you to Devereux-Blum Training & Development Ltd. All emergencies can be managed. We work with you and your organisation to train your people to have the skills and capability to manage an emergency response. This can include Emergency Management training, peer support and other services as required. Whether it is distance learning via Microsoft Teams or Zoom (blended learning- workshops & learning experiences); Best practice workshops to upskill; Face to face interactive training and learning/practice experience face to face and planning and facilitating exercises- single/multi-agency, we are ready to listen, tailor and support you further. Training can include NZQA unit standards or not depending on your people and their needs.
Feedback from our valued clients:
Sharyn knows her subject backwards, held our attention through the right mix of visual, written and verbal material. Really very good. CIMS 3 September 2020
Sharyn was excellent – her illustrations of working with other organisations / situations makes it very real. CIMS 3 August 2020
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development have been training in the Emergency Management Sector for over 24 years.
- Our trainers are experienced and knowledgeable and are considered ‘experts’ in CIMS (Coordinated Incident Management System) training. CIMS training is delivered to the content of CIMS 3rd edition.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development provide training, facilitation and coaching and other services (presentations) nationally and internationally.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development work with all areas of business (Non-government, State and Public Sector, State and Public Service)
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development work with you, to deliver training, to meet the needs of your organisation. This can be distance learning or face-to-face.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development are a NZQA Category 1 accredited Training Education Provider on a four-year evaluation cycle. At our most recent External Evaluation and Review we achieved Highly Confident and Excellent in all categories. 2017 – Report of External Evaluation and Review. See our details on NZQA and the standards we are accredited to deliver.
Check out our links for CIMS (Co-ordinated Incident Management System) Business Continuity Planning and other tailored training packages. Click below to hear our trainer Paul speak about how we can help your organisation be prepared for any event:
Why undertake Emergency Management Training?
In the absence of incidents / responses, how do you know your organisation is on track to respond? Currently, we have a major response underway with COVID-19? How has your team managed the response? These are the questions you need to ask of yourself and your organisation.
- Emergency Management Training can help your organisation prepare for emergencies. Emergency and non-Emergency events often strike with little warning.
- What incidents / responses do you need to take steps to reduce the impact of, prepare for, respond to and recover from? Whether you are an CEO, Executive, Risk Manager, Emergency Responder, Health and Safety Representative or someone with a genuine interest in emergency readiness and workplace safety, then we encourage you to learn more about our Training Courses.
More in this section…