Training people to manage emergencies
We are available to support you and your organisation with Emergency Management training, peer support and other services as required. Whether it is distance learning via Microsoft Teams or Zoom (blended learning- workshops & learning experiences); Best practice workshops to upskill; Face to face interactive training and learning/practice experience face to face and planning and facilitating exercises- single/multi-agency, we are ready to listen, tailor and support you further. We can work with NZQA unit standards or not depending on your people and their needs.
Feedback from our valued clients:
Our organisation ran a CIMS structure throughout the Alert Level 4 and Level 3 restrictions. Our Leadership agree they could not have timed your training better. The training was still fresh in everyone’s mind when we called the first meeting and laid out the responsibilities under the CIMS structure. We implemented a very effective response structure that put us weeks ahead of other organisations, including our overseas parent. That structure allowed us to manage complex situations well. The Leadership adapted very quickly to the new way of working. SHE Manager
You will be pleased to know our CIMS team is in full swing for a week and humming along. We are truly grateful for our training right now….hard to believe we are having to use it. Quality and Risk Manager
Is fatigue showing within your teams? Do you need extra team members to provide relief and coverage as you respond ongoing, transition from response to recovery or manage other incidents in your sector? We welcome the opportunity to work with you long-term and act as a one-stop shop where your needs can be met fully – distance learning options are available. Email us today
Train your people to take charge Sharyn Devereux-Blum and Paul Blum welcome you to Devereux-Blum Training & Development Ltd. All emergencies can be managed. We will work with you and your organisation to train your people to have the skills and capability to manage an emergency response.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development have been training in the Emergency Management Sector for over 23 years.
- Our trainers are experienced and knowledgeable and are considered ‘experts’ in CIMS (Coordinated Incident Management System) training.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development provide training, facilitation and coaching and other services (presentations) nationally and internationally.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development work with all areas of business (Non-government, State and Public Sector, State and Public Service)
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development will work with you to deliver training to meet the needs of your organisation. This can be distance learning or face-to-face.
- Devereux-Blum Training & Development are a NZQA Category 1 accredited Training Education Provider on a four-year evaluation cycle. At our most recent External Evaluation and Review we achieved Highly Confident and Excellent in all categories. 2017 – Report of External Evaluation and Review. See our details on NZQA and the standards we are accredited to deliver.
Check out our links for CIMS (Co-ordinated Incident Management System) Business Continuity Planning and other tailored training packages. Click below to hear our trainer Paul speak about how we can help your organisation be prepared for any event:
Why undertake Emergency Management Training?
How would your organisation cope in an Emergency and who would take charge? This is the question you need to ask.
- Emergency Management Training can help your organisation prepare for emergencies. Emergency and non-Emergency events often strike with little warning.
- What hazards do you need to take steps to reduce the impact of, prepare for, respond to and recover from? Whether you are an CEO, Executive, Manager, Emergency Responder, Health and Safety Representative or someone with a genuine interest in emergency readiness and workplace safety, then we encourage you to learn more about our Training Courses.
More in this section…