The CIMS 2 practical one day course is for those people who wish to gain an understanding of the New Zealand Co-ordinated Incident Management System structure (CIMS). The CIMS 2 course also leads into CIMS 4 training.
By the end of the CIMS 2 course participants will have:
- Fully attended the one day course,
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) unit standard 17279.
People credited with the CIMS 2 unit standard are able to: describe the role and purpose of CIMS; and demonstrate knowledge of the elements, terminology, and structure of CIMS; and of the incident control procedures in CIMS operating environments. Click below to hear our trainer Paul speak about how we can help your organisation be prepared for any event:
CIMS 2 course content will include:
The CIMS model and the advantages of one system, Multi-agency approach
- Control, Intelligence, Planning, Operations, Logistics, Public Information Management & Welfare
- Responsibilities of the Controller and other key roles
- Tailoring the system to your organisation, agency responsibilities
- Setting up your Incident Management kit & facilities.
Includes the latest updates to the CIMS Model and learnings from significant events in recent years.
CIMS 2 courses are run in a central city venue in Wellington or where numbers allow at venues throughout New Zealand. Each course is tailored to the needs of the group.
Additional courses are available on demand to be run either on weekdays or weekends.
For further information contact the team.
To register for a scheduled CIMS 2 Public Course please click the relevant Register button below next to the date you wish to attend.