Following on from CIMS 2, the CIMS 4 practical two day course is for those people who wish to advance their understanding of the New Zealand Co-ordinated Incident Management System (CIMS) in a multi agency environment.
By the end of the CIMS 4 workshop participants will have:
- Fully attended the two day course,
- Demonstrated the CIMS structure at incidents as a team member as indicated in the CIMS unit standards 29553 and 29554.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the inter-related functions of incident management to the model of coordinated incident management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Control function responsibilities.
- Describe other incident management team (IMT) function manager roles in an incident.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, produce and update an Action Plan in an incident.
- Gain and convey situational awareness in an incident.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills in an incident.
This CIMS 4 training includes the latest updates to the CIMS Model and learnings from significant events in recent years.
Click below to hear our Trainer & Director Paul speak about how we can help your organisation be prepared for any event:
CIMS 4 courses are run in a central city venue in Wellington or where numbers allow at venues throughout New Zealand. Each CIMS 4 course will be tailored to the needs of each group. Additional courses are available on demand to be run either on weekdays or weekends.
For further information on CIMS 4 contact the team.
To register for a scheduled Public Course please click the relevant Register button below next to the dates you wish to attend.