Our Operations Manager workshop is for those people who are likely to carry out the role of Operations Manager or work in the Operations team of an Incident Management Team. We look in depth at this role and how to set up and carry out the functions required. For those already experienced in the Cooordinated Incident Management System (CIMS), we allow an opportunity to work in a multi-agency environment and develop a more in-depth understanding of this important role.
Below is a generic checklist of the responsibilities of an Operations Manager.
Directs response operations and is normally the first position appointed.
- Obtain briefing from the Incident controller
- Record decisions, actions and other activities
- Determine the Operations Management structure
- Appoint, brief and task staff
- Manage and supervise operations at the incident
- Establish Staging Areas (note that Logistics provides / Operations manages this function)
- Assemble and deploy resources / record this
- Implement tactics for the Incident Action Plan
- Provide regular Situation Status reports
- Review resource needs
- Resolve operational problems
- Ensure safety and welfare of personnel
- Participate in action planning meetings
- Report significant events
- Prioritise the release of resource
As with all Devereux-Blum Training courses our expert trainers tailor the course material to be relevant to the needs of each group and/or organisation. For further information contact our team.